I'm Going to the Maker Faire!

I have the most awesome opportunity. I recently started writing for the GeekDad blog over at Wired Magazine, which is so exciting! It just so happens that GeekDad has a booth at the Maker Faire in San Mateo, CA, in late May. I'm going to help run the booth! It'll be a great opportunity to meet lots of awesome people that I don't know. And a great opportunity to go to a crafty festival that I've been wanting to go to ever since I knew it existed. So we're making a weekend of it, including my daughter's 8th birthday in the mix.

This year the Maker Faire's theme is to Re-Make America, following President Obama's call to "begin again the work of remaking America".

I hope to have a full report when we get back. But it'll be a couple of months before we get to go!

1 comments:

Granny J said...

Congrats! That's terrific.